Library Policies and Procedures
LIBRARY MEMBERSHIP IS FREE TO THOSE LIVING OR WORKING IN ELMORE/TALLAPOOSA COUNTY. ALL OTHERS PAY $25 PER CARD HOLDER OR $50 PER FAMILY FOR A THREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP.
1. All materials may be checked out for 2 weeks.
2. Materials may be renewed by telephone or online at our website.
3. No item may be renewed more than 2 times. No renewal on any materials with a reserve list.
4. Patrons are limited to 5 materials.
5. Reserved books must be picked up within two days of notification.
6. Interlibrary loan books must be picked up within three days of notification.
7. Please Do Not repair any library materials.
8. Please Do Not mark or write on any library materials.
9. Must be 18 or older to check out DVDs.
10. The Book Drop is for after hours only. Any books dropped in during regular business hours will not be checked in until the following business day. Any fines will be the patron’s responsibility.
FINES AND FEES
• Books, audiobooks and video…..………………overdue fine of $.05 per day per item.
• Interlibrary loans………………………….overdue fine of $.50 per day per book.
• DVDs……………………..overdue fine of $.50 per day per item.
Failure to pay outstanding fines or to return overdue materials will result in suspension of library privileges until said fines are paid or materials are returned. If materials are lost patron must pay a replacement cost for the lost item before privileges may be restored.
• Computer disks $.50
• Copies: Black & White $.25 Color $.50
• Faxes: $1.00 per page incoming or outgoing.
PUBLIC INTERNET USE RULES AND PROCEDURES
THE INTERNET IS AN UNREGULATED SOURCE OF INFORMATION IN WRITTEN AND GRAPHIC FORM
1. Users sign-in each time to use the Internet workstations. Staff will assist with computer log-in. Access to the Internet is limited to 45 minutes per day, including time to copy and/or print. Time is on a first come basis. Please plan accordingly.
2. No floppy disks, CDS, jump drives or cameras may be brought into the library for use in our computers. You must purchase a disk at the main desk if you wish to save or download files at a charge of $.50 per disk. The library is not responsible for any damage to the disk while downloading. CAUTION: Although we use a virus checker on the library’s computers, this will not completely protect you from the chance of getting a virus. Software downloaded from the Internet may contain a virus and you will need to have virus-checking software on your computer.
3. Documents may be printed at the cost of $.25 each for black and white pages.
4. You may check and send email from your personal account, but please NO CHAT ROOMS or ADULT/MATURE SITES. The Internet and its available resources may contain material of a controversial nature. Parents/guardians/caregivers are reminded that they are responsible for their child’s use of the Internet through library connections.
5. Users may not use the library’s computers to make unauthorized entry into any other computer or network.
6. Users may not disrupt or interfere with other computer or network users, services or equipment. Intentional misuse of the computer or Internet access will result in the suspension of internet privileges.
7. Children under the age of 12 who wish to use the Internet must have a parent or guardian with them at the computer. Children between 12 -15 must have a parent in the library. Parents who wish to restrict the access of their own children should oversee their use of the Internet.
8. In offering Internet access, the library system cannot guarantee that the information found through the Internet is accurate, authoritative, or factual; nor can the library systems control access points, which change rapidly and unpredictably.
9. If you feel that the information you have obtained via the Internet is inaccurate or offensive, we suggest that you contact the original producer/distributor of that information.
10. Library staff may be able to help you with basic computer use and startup procedures, but we cannot provide information on software. If you have never used computers or have specific questions about the Internet, reference books and user guides are available.
11. Anyone failing to observe the Internet rules will not be allowed access to the Library’s Internet system for 6 months. A second infraction will result in permanent loss of access.